Choosing Our Next Social Responsibility Congregational Focus
CRITERIA FOR SELECTING THE NEW CONGREGATIONAL SR FOCUS:
- Reflects our UU principles and our charitable purposes.
- Speaks to the collective passion of our congregation members.
- Has a strong local component, seeks to address a local need and provides opportunities for hands-on involvement by congregants across all age groups.
- Provides opportunities for congregants to learn about and deepen their understanding of the issues, the need and potential solutions.
- Provides opportunities for engagement with community partners, potentially including our campus partners.
The focus will be for a two-year period, which may be extended by congregational agreement.
PROCESS FOR SELECTING THE NEXT CONGREGATIONAL FOCUS:
Step 1: The criteria for the new process will be shared with key interested groups for input; the final criteria will be shared with the Board for their agreement.
Step 2: An invitation will be broadly extended to solicit applications for the next congregational focus, using the attached proposal form.
Step 3: A review team will assess the applications against the criteria and may, where necessary, encourage revision and/or seek additional information from proponents.
Step 4: The proponents of the applications will be given opportunities to promote their applications with the congregation (e.g. Breakfast Forum(s) or other special Sunday morning time slots).
Step 5: A vote will be held at the 2019 Fall Congregational Meeting to select the 2019-2020 congregational focus. Where there are more than 2 applications, it is suggested that a ranked ballot be used to select the finalist.