Choosing Our Next Social Responsibility Congregational Focus
CRITERIA FOR SELECTING THE NEW CONGREGATIONAL SR FOCUS:
- Reflects our UU principles and our charitable purposes.
- Speaks to the collective passion of our congregation members.
- Has a strong local component, seeks to address a local need and provides opportunities for hands-on involvement by congregants across all age groups.
- Provides opportunities for congregants to learn about and deepen their understanding of the issues, the need and potential solutions.
- Provides opportunities for engagement with community partners, potentially including our campus partners.
In demonstrating how their proposal meets these criteria, proponents will be asked to complete the attached Proposal Application. They will also be encouraged to consider how their proposal supports other Developmental Ministry priorities, including fostering a culture that promotes openness, acceptance and diversity, and provides programming for a broad range of ages. Applications require the support of at least six congregants. A designated contact person would be helpful.
The focus will be for a two-year period, which may be extended by congregational agreement.
PROCESS FOR SELECTING THE NEXT CONGREGATIONAL FOCUS:
Step 1: The criteria for the new process will be shared with key interested groups for input; the final criteria will be shared with the Board for their agreement.
Step 2: An invitation will be broadly extended to solicit applications for the next congregational focus, using the attached proposal form.
Step 3: A review team will assess the applications against the criteria and may, where necessary, encourage revision and/or seek additional information from proponents.
Step 4: The proponents of the applications will be given opportunities to promote their applications with the congregation (e.g. Breakfast Forum(s) or other special Sunday morning time slots).
Step 5: A vote will be held at the 2019 Fall Congregational Meeting to select the 2019-2020 congregational focus. Where there are more than 2 applications, it is suggested that a ranked ballot be used to select the finalist.