First the sad news―we are unable to sponsor the first family we chose, because we were advised by an immigration lawyer that it is unlikely they would pass the security checks used during the Canadian immigration process. This is the family composed of parents, two grandparents and four children. The Steering Committee made this decision after much reflection and deliberation.
The good news is that we have secured permanent housing starting April 1st for our second family (with five children). We are now looking for temporary accommodation in case they arrive before April 1st. If you have any suggestions, please let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meanwhile, we are busy looking for another family through the BVOR list.