First Unitarian's landmark building with its soaring spire is a well-known Ottawa location for musical and other events. We rent a variety of spaces--from small to large--to individuals, groups, and organizations.
Many community groups and musicians use our main hall for events and performances. This hall with its soaring, wooden ceiling and beautiful view of surrounding wooded areas, is designed for grand occasions. It includes:
- Excellent acoustics and a modern sound system
- Theatre-style seating which accommodates approximately 300 people
- A new Steinway piano
This bright, open hall, which is about 700 sq. ft., is used for presentations, seminars, and luncheons. It has a kitchen adjacent to it and is close to the washrooms. It seats 100 people using rows of tables, fewer if the seating is café style.
Our building has a variety of rooms, suitable for
meetings and office spaces, that are located close to facilities and easily serviced from kitchen areas. All rooms have views of the outdoors: wooded areas, the Meditation Gardens, the Ottawa River, or the Gatineau Hills.
In addition, we provide:
- Ample free parking and handicapped parking spaces
- A system to help the hard-of-hearing
- An elevator to all levels at the west entrance by the parking lot
- Cut-away curbs for easy access to the building from the parking lot
- Handicapped/accessible washrooms on the first and second levels
Want more information?
you are interested in having an event at First Unitarian, please download the 30 Cleary Concerts and Events brochure and call the church office at 613-725-1066.